Great leaders inspire and give people a sense of purpose. Inspired companies work from a sense of purpose. Businesses that are clear on their purpose and communicate that purpose attract customers and staff that want to belong. To inspire staff and customers, you need to be clear about why you do what you do and how you do it.
- Being a leader requires followers. People follow not because of incentives or threats, but because they want to.
- Leaders never start with what needs to be done, but why we need to do it.
- Great leaders are good at seeing what most of us can't see.
- Leaders must have a vision and the ability to communicate it.
- To motivate people, choose to inspire them rather than manipulate them.
- Fear moves us away from things we want to avoid, aspirations move us toward what we want to pursue.
- Find the time and money to do it right, or you will be forced to find the time and money to do it again.
Favorite Quotes from Start With Why
- "There are only two ways to influence human behavior: you can manipulate it or you can inspire it."
- "Just because it works doesn't make it right."
- Full Title - Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Author - Simon Sinek
- Publisher - Portfolio, September 23, 2009 (reprint)
- Pages - 247
Get Your Copy of Start With Why
You can get a copy of Start With Why in print, eBook or audiobook format at Amazon.com.
Please Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you use them, I’ll get a small commission – there is no extra cost to you. I’ve linked to them because I have used and received value from the product. For each product I suggest there are other options out there –I merely found value in these.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases.